The innovative Oral Motor Device to develop biting and chewing skills
Chewy Tubes and the Jaw Rehabilitation Programme.
What are Chewy Tubes?
- Chewy Tubes are innovative oral motor devices designed to provide a resilient, non-food, chewable surface for practicing biting and chewing skills. Chewy Tubes have been designed to be used with the new Jaw Rehabilitation Programme, a patented methodology offered by Speech Pathology Associates LLC, to develop jaw motion for biting and chewing skills.
- Chewy Tubes offer a safe, non-toxic surface for developing biting and chewing skills. Chewy Tubes are latex-free and lead-free. In addition, they do not contain PVC or phthalates.
- Chewy Tubes are available in 5 fun and attractive colours. Yellow Chewy Tubes offer a smaller stem size for chewing while Red Chewy Tubes offer a slightly wider stem size. Chewy Tubes colours are all FDA compliant and CE marked.
Who can use them?
- Chewy Tubes are offered to children and adults as a safe and effective tool for practising biting and chewing skills.
- Therapists may select Chewy Tubes for use in treatment of individuals who are developing initial oral motor skills, or rehabilitating the jaw after surgery, trauma or stroke.
- Youngsters seeking additional proprioceptive input into the jaw may also like biting on Chewy Tubes.
NOTE: Chewy Tubes are not recommended for use with children under 9 months of age.